|Wednesday, August 26th, 2009|
|Thursday, March 5th, 2009|
What do you recommend for small dogs hacking hairballs?
|Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009|
|Name this dog!
So far Zoe's ideas for the dog are 'Cereal' and 'Tag', as in Tag! You're it. Not exactly what I had in mind.
So, we've been batting around the idea of getting a dog for a while, but I've been a bit gun shy about the whole idea. But the Zobot is crazy about dogs, and regularly tries to dognap the neighbor's pooch. I figured it's time.
One of the local rescue organizations called me last week about this litter of Maltese pups given up by a guy who had to foreclose his house, and couldn't keep them - my friend who volunteers with them called me on Sunday.
|Sunday, February 22nd, 2009|
|Fave Oscar dress?
Bored on a Sunday night....
What was your favorite dress tonight at the Awards?
My personal faves: Alicia Key's gorgeous pink number, and Anne Hathaway's first dress.
|Tuesday, November 4th, 2008|
|My friends, this is America...and I'm damn happy to be American.
We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
|Friday, May 30th, 2008|
Out of curiosity...anybody on my FL watch BSG?
|Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007|
AP's announcing more than 950,000 people evacuated in California because of all of the various wildfires.
The largest consolidated movement of people since the Civil war.
The town adjacent to us just declared evacuations. Did I mention I don't actually live on the mountain, but on the valley floor?
I can't even fathom how much worse this can/is going to get. Current Mood: distressed
|Sunday, August 26th, 2007|
|Sheist, I really am a sort of freak.
Responding to blueheronz
*List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
*Tag seven people to do the same.*
*Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag whoever wants to do it.*
1. Despite being Irish and loving potatoes in any other form, I CANNOT STAND mashed potatoes. Give me the all overs.
2. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of films and actors. I challenge anyone - BRING IT ON.
3. I have perfect pitch, and yet do not play an instrument. My family is equally horrified.
4. In spite of my degree and two subsequent internships in Environmental Biology, I make my living as a graphic designer. Ah, the hilarity.
5. You know how everybody has dreams that they can fly? Not me, never even once. But I dream I can breathe underwater almost every night.
6. I am a pescavegetarian. Have been since age 15 and the ensuing crisis of consciousness.
7. I am a voracious reader - no, really. I've been known to devour 900 page novels in two nights. Bit obsessive much? So I have to be somewhat careful of when I choose to start a book because I won't come up for air for a while.
Okay, I tag:charmingdetails50sgalmishy_mojilly13houseketeerkamileerpupsgirl
|Monday, July 16th, 2007|
|MEME: PERSONAL QUESTIONS
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
My interview, via houseketeer...
1. What is your favorite/sexiest/prettiest physical attribute about yourself?
I think I have nice lips, and a pretty mouth.
2. Describe your ideal first date.
Predictable, but a cool blues bar with tapas and wine, then some dancing. Not loud enough to preclude conversation, but enough volume to keep you/him from talking all night. Actions tend to speak louder, and all.
3. What are you afraid of?
Zoe being hurt or sick. Having a kid changes everything.
4. What are you looking forward to?
Trip to Zihuatanejo next month, sans toddler - BLISS!
5. Besides looks, what's the sexiest attribute someone can have?
Voice, no contest. It's single-handedly the thing the draws me to a person, and also explains my borderline obsessions with Jack Nicholson and Chow Yun Fat.
Current Mood: thirsty
|Thursday, February 22nd, 2007|
Hello all - it's a stab in the dark, but does anybody have a Best Buy Rewards account that they are not using to buy Police tickets that I could use? I'm afraid of taking my chances in the public sale on Saturday.
|Wednesday, December 20th, 2006|
|Wednesday, December 6th, 2006|
|Hug your family tight.
I've been following the Kim family story since last week, and I was elated on Monday to see that Kati and her two girls were rescued, and safe.
Their daddy won't be coming home with them. James Kim was found today. He didn't make it. He was trying to find help for his family.
My whole soul hurts for this family. I'm so, so sorry. Current Mood: crushed
|Thursday, November 2nd, 2006|
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I just found one of these in Zoe's trick-or-treat basket:Gummy roaches with crunchy icing shells! Watch them skitter across your tongue and hide in the dark crevices of your mouth before you munch on their delicious bug bodies. These cola flavored candy cockroaches are packed in a set of 2.... 1 mommy and 1 baby roach.
Umm....* retch *
|Friday, September 29th, 2006|
Well, do you? Tivo, that is.
Dear Voxians, I am desperate for your help. Up until now, I've watched so little TV that I've been able to keep by downloading the torrents of the very few shows I couldn't live without - West Wing, Lost. But with the resurgence of what appears to a very welcome upswing in well-written hour dramas this fall, I just can't.keep.up. So the obvious answer is Tivo.
A little background - we have dual tuner TVs, with DirecTV, so obviously I'll have to be mindful of compatibility issues. I'd like to get a DVR with a DVD recorder, if only because I know I'll end up burning many discs of Teletubbies/Charlie & Lola/Sesame Street compilations.
So, what have your experiences been? Is there really a benefit of buying a DVR with a Tivo interface because it's that fantastic? What particular units do you have, and would you recommend them? Also, is getting a unit that has a lifetime subscription to Tivo service a priority?
All advice is welcome, and much appreciated!!x-posted to Vox</i.
|Thursday, August 24th, 2006|
|Thursday, August 3rd, 2006|
My little Zerbert is one today.
While being incredibly proud and stunned that we've made it through this first year, a little part of my heart hurts thinking that she's officially a toddler.
I promised myself that I would FINALLY get around to writing her birth story...hopefully I can get to that tonight. It's a good one. Current Mood: distressed
|Tuesday, June 27th, 2006|
|No other reason....
No other reason to see this old avatar that I dug - an oldie but goodie. Current Mood: productive
|Wednesday, January 11th, 2006|
|a public invitation
It occurs to me that I've never made a public post for new friends to pop in! So here it is....feel free to just stick your head in and say hello!
By the way, the picture below is of my daughter Zoe and her unusually camera-shy father....usually I can't get his giant head out of my camera lens.
I tend to talk about these people a lot. Just warning you. :>
|Thursday, June 16th, 2005|